Associate Professor of the Practice of Sports Communication, College of Communication
Boston University’s College of Communication invites applications for a non-tenure track associate professor of the practice to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in sports communication, with an emphasis in sports journalism.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Applications should include a letter of interest, a statement of teaching philosophy, A CV, and the names of three references. Applications should be emailed with attachments in either Word or PDF file format to:
Sarah R. Kess
College of Communication
All inquiries will be confidential. Review of materials will begin on Dec. 3, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
We seek a colleague who has:
- had a distinguished career in sports communication, preferably in sports journalism
- the ability to teach existing courses in sports journalism and an interest in developing new courses in sports communication
- experience in teaching at the university-level, preferred additional experience in student advising and program administration
- a deep knowledge of the multi-platform, interdisciplinary nature of sports communication
- master’s degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States