Assistant Professor of Music, Piano Performance, College of Fine Arts
Boston University College of Fine Arts School of Music seeks a piano teacher at the rank of Assistant Professor to join the Applied and Performance Studies faculty. This is a non-tenure track position.
The successful candidate will possess a strong performance profile and college-level teaching experience in applied piano. Additional qualities for consideration include the candidate’s ability to coach chamber music, teach piano ensemble and/or accompaniment skills, show evidence of student/alumni success at the college level, and demonstrate administrative and leadership experience within an academic environment.
The position requires teaching applied piano lessons to students in the undergraduate (BM) and graduate (MM, DMA) instrumental performance degree programs, as well as in the Performance Diploma and Artist Diploma programs. The successful candidate will show demonstrated excellence in solo as well as collaborative performance and display a vested interest and expertise in 20th and 21st century repertoires.
Anticipated date of appointment: July 1, 2019.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Qualified applicants should submit:
- Cover letter of application
- Curriculum vitae including repertoire list
- Contact information for three references who may be contacted
- Three letters of recommendation sent directly from recommenders not listed as references.
Selected candidates will be asked to provide a video-recording of 60-75 minutes of performance, including solo and collaborative repertoire in contrasting styles.
Complete applications must be received no later than November 1, 2018.
All materials should be sent to the Search Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terminal degree or demonstrated professional equivalent required; previous teaching at the college level required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
More searches like this
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Boston
- Permanent Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Boston
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Boston
- Permanent Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Boston