Research Program Coordinator
Classified Title: Research Program Coordinator
Working Title: Research Program Coordinator
Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range: $16.10 - $22.12
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30a - 5:00p / 40 hrs per wk
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10003182-SOM Sur Transplant Surgery
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
Assists with research studies in the Division of Transplantation at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Assists in project planning, and ensures that pre-established work scope, IRB-approved study protocol, and regulatory requirements are followed. Recruits and coordinates research subjects, as appropriate. Develops and maintains recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruits, instructs, and coordinates research subjects and/or volunteers, as appropriate to specific study objectives and work scope.
- Implements and maintains data collection and analysis systems in support of research protocol; including the management of data, paper files, and electronic databases.
- Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities in compliance with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other relevant patient privacy statutes.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities in the carrying out of research protocol, as appropriate to the position; may perform aspects of research protocol, as required, in accordance with specified program objectives.
- Develops and maintains records of research activities, and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports, as required by investigators and/or regulatory bodies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Acts as the primary administrative point of contact for internal research staff
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and some related experience. Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the * JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. *
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information