PRN Nursing Care Assistant II, Hospice Inpatient Facility
HOCK FAMILY PAVILLION IPU
Will only consider CNA2 applicants for this position.
This is a PRN (as needed) position which may include day or overnight shift, beginning at 7:00 a.m. till 7:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. till 7:00 a.m.
Performs non professional nursing duties for patients in an alternate site setting for tasks they have been certified and under direct supervision of a registered nurse.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides paraprofessional health-related care for patients in accordance with physician's order and established policies and procedures.
- Provide sterile dressing changes for wounds over 48 hours old and wound irrigation.
- Provide oral/nasogastric feeding; urinary catheterization and irrigation.
- Assist with oxygen therapy, including room set-up and monitoring flow rate.
- Break up and removal of fecal impaction.
- Responsible for tracheotomy care and ostomy care.
- Participates in weekly team meetings and case conferences, as necessary, to facilitate appropriate service are provided to the patient.
- Observes patients for such changes in skin color, general attitude and vital signs; reports all changes to case manager or clinical operations coordinator/designee.
- Participates in development and implementation of DHCH Performance Improvement activities.
- Coordinates care plan activities with the multidisciplinary team members.
- Provides the patient with personal care assistance: bathes or assists in bathing: combs hair, cleans nails, gives mouth care; assists in cleaning teeth, giving shampoos and shaving as necessary.
- Documents care and services provided in accordance with DHCH policies and procedures and regulatory standards.
- Required documentation is timely, concise, and factual.
- Participates in collaborative practice teams and other hospital/community relations functions as needed to facilitate program development in specialty area.
- Follows standard precautions and uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Performs assigned appropriate duties by nursing or physical therapy.
- Communicates regularly with team members, and caregivers.
- Identities personal learning needs and implements corrective action.
- Implements DHCH policy, procedures and objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee and patient information.
- Exhibits an attitude which promotes harmony and goodwill in the workplace.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required skills validation and attending educational offerings. Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Displays a clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Promotes quality, comprehensive services through a team approach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring
Requisition Number 100005028
Duke Entity DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE
Job Code 4106 NURSING CARE ASSISTANT II
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Completion of Level II Nurse Aide education program approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing or successful completion of the NC -approved Nurse Aide II competency test and completion of Level II Nurse Aide education programs approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. High School diploma or equivalent required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Listed as NA I with the Division of Facility Services with no substantiated findings of abuse, fraud, neglect or misappropriation of property. Listed as NA II with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. BCLS certification must be maintained/completed by the end of new hire orientation, which typically takes place during the first week of employment.
Auto req ID