Postdoctoral Fellow in Computer Science
1 day left
- Full Time
Organization Name Computer Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- Provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- The Postdoc will be assigned the standard postdoc responsibilities which will include (as necessary): involvement in research center activities, conference/workshop organization, arrange for meetings, searching libraries and databases to identify books, articles or other publications; compiling, organizing, summarizing and/or presenting requested information; and conducting any other explorations, investigations, and studies relevant to furthering the research project.
- The Postdoc will be asked, as necessary, to be involved in guiding and supervising PhD and MSc students, and supervision and coordination of the research engineers in the project.
- PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or a related filed.
- Good programming skills.
- Good communication skills and work ethics.
- Evidence of publishing in recognized journals.
- Some industrial experience is desired but not required.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement