Research Engineer in Mechanical Engineering
1 day left
- Full Time
Organization Name Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Aid the testing of rock samples for better understanding of their behavior under geological reservoir conditions.
- Calibrate an existing Rock Damage Plasticity model in Abaqus to simulate the rock test results.
- Prepared and performed uniaxial loading of rock samples (2’’ diameter) on the GDSVIS Load Frame System under low confining pressures.
- Performed uniaxial loading tests on rock samples (1.5’’ diameter) under high confining pressures using the AutoLab 3000 rock testing system.
- Hydraulic fracturing of 3.5’’ diameter rock samples under tri-axial loading conditions, and using acoustic emissions from the above tests to localize the events within the sample and to eventually visualize the propagation of fractures.
- Perform permeability and acoustic velocities measurements on the AutoLab 1000 rock testing system, and obtain elastic properties like Young's modulus, shear modulus, bulk modulus, and Poisson's ratio of the rock samples.
- Minimum Master Degree with extensive experimental research experience in rock mechanics testing.
- Rock mechanics testing and rock damage plasticity modelling and simulation.
- Expertise in hydraulic fracturing of rock is highly recommended.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement