Changwang Talents Recruitment
I. Recruitment Policy
Sticking to the guidelines of open, collaborative and characteristic development, NUIST launches the following recruitment policies:
1. Comfort Project: N+10 Policy
(1) Children’s Education: Children of NUIST staff are allowed enrolment into the Affiliated Kindergarten (public provincial model kindergarten) and Affiliated Experimental Primary School of NUIST (public provincial experimental primary school) without entrance examinations;
(2) Salary System: Free transfer between Annual Salary System and Non-annual Salary System;
(3) Settlement Policy: 80% of the settling-in allowance could be withdrawn at one time; a transitional apartment or a rental subsidy (1000-1500 RMB per month) will be provided for two years;
(4) Administrative Services: Online service system, approval at one visit, fast responding system to complaints and simple reimbursement network;
(5) Warmth Project: Breakfast and lunch subsidies on working days, indoor swimming pool, central heating system and apartment facilities upgrade project;
(6) Health and wellness project: sabbatical system, high-level talents rejuvenation plan, staff fitness plan, etc.
2. Professional Title Evaluation Policy
Doctors, post-doctoral or other high-level talents who have been introduced from home and abroad for less than 3 years can apply for the title of professors (researchers) without being restricted by present professional titles and qualifications; Associate professors (researchers) who make outstanding performances or landmark achievements in education, teaching, scientific research, and technical applications may directly apply for the title of professors (researchers).
3. PI System for Research Teams
NUIST adopts the Principal Investigator System for research teams. Those who meet the requirements of PI can establish a team independently and the number of team members (including postdoctoral and doctoral students) is not restricted.
4. Talent Cultivation 24- Hour Service Policy
Relying on the Changwang Talents Training Program, NUIST has built a 24-hour Service System to provide personalized and menu-based one-stop services in the construction of scientific research platforms, scientific research and talent project application, and life services to NUIST staff.
5. Special Zone Policy for Information Discipline
The special zone policy covers the School of Automation, the School of Computer and Software and the School of Electronics and Information Engineering. The remuneration, settling-in allowance and research start-up fund for these talents will increase by 20-30% based on the existing standards.
6. Recruitment One-Stop Service
NUIST will select some countries/regions (USA, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc.) and domestic cities (Beijing, Wuhan, Xi’an, Chengdu, Chongqing, Harbin, Shenyang, Changchun, etc.) to conduct One-Stop recruitment events at which candidates can have interviews and get assessments from Human Resources Department and NUIST President(s) directly. The applicant can sign an (Pre-Employment) Agreement on-site once passing the interview.
II. Requirement types and treatments
1. Changwang high-level talents (Face to Face with NUIST Presidents)
The recruitment of Changwang high-level talents will be conducted in the form of Face to Face with NUIST Presidents. It aims to establish a platform of communication and cooperation for all the outstanding young and middle-aged scholars from home and abroad and offer them an opportunity to have a better understanding of our university through presidents' introduction, academic discussions and profound communications. We hope to attract more talents to develop their careers in our university and thus to promote the construction of our first-rate discipline. NUIST offers free round-trip travel expenses (business class by plane or business seat by fast train) and free accommodation on campus and transportation from and to the airport or railway station for qualified applicants if they come to NUIST to have interviews. Please refer to the Recruiting Announcement of Changwang Talents Face to Face with NUIST Presidents on the official website at https://www.nuist.edu.cn/ for details.
(1) Type A
Academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences or Chinese Academy of Engineering；Academicians from the National Academy of Sciences or Engineering from developed countries such as USA, UK, Canada, and Australia; Laureates of world renowned awards such as Nobel Prize, Carl-Gustaf Rossby Research Medal, Turing Award, and Field Medal; outstanding international scholars working in top universities or research institutions.
(2) Type B
Distinguished Professors of the Chang Jiang Scholars Program of MOE, winners of the National Science Fund for “Distinguished Young Scholars”, Awardees of the Program for Innovative Talents of the National “Thousand Talents Program (long-term)”, National “Ten Thousand Talent Project” outstanding talents, and leaders of NSFC Innovative Research Group, leading researchers of the 2nd Prize Project of the National Natural Science Awards/1st Prize Project of the State Technology Invention Awards/1st Prize Project of the National Sci-tech Progress Awards, and tenured professors from renowned overseas universities. Applicants should be under the age of 50.
(3) Type C
Awardees of National Thousand Youth Talents Program, winners of National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, Young Scholars of Chang Jiang Scholars Program, Youth Top-notch Talent of Organization Department of the CPC Central Committee. These applicants should be under the age of 40.
(4) Type D (potential candidates for Type A, B and C)
The applicants who are not eligible for Type A/B/C but have potential to successfully apply for the four types of Youth Introduction Programs or other national talent introduction programs could be employed as potential talents.
Salaries and benefits: Changwang high-level talents will be provided with competitive benefits via an annual salary system after signing full-time contracts and transferring their personnel archives to NUIST. NUIST also provides all around supporting settling-in allowance and housing subsidies, start-up fund, labs and offices, graduates and post doctors enrolment
2. Changwang Excellent Teachers
Targeted applicants: PhD (or post-doctorates), lecturers, (associate) professors (or the equivalent). We mainly target at PhD holders or post-doctorates with doctorates from world renowned universities or research institutions. In principle, PhD holders or post-doctorates should be under 35 years old. For other types of applicants, the age limit could be more flexible. Applicants should meet the basic requirements in the Table of Vacant Positions (http://rsc.nuist.edu.cn/2018/0120/c1097a89862/page.htm) of the relevant Schools/Departments.
Salaries and benefits: Employed as high-level talents (staff of government affiliated institutions). Salary refers to the national and provincial standards. Bonus refers to that of university professor or associate professor including settling-in allowance of 0.3-1 million RMB, rental subsidy of 1000-1500 RMB per month for 2 years. Start-up research fund varies according to the applicant’s condition and the discipline, which is 100,000-500,000 RMB for natural sciences and 50,000-300,000 RMB for social sciences.
3. Foreign teachers (non-ethnic-Chinese)
There are two types of foreign teachers (non-ethnic-Chinese): professional foreign teachers and language foreign teachers.
(1) Professional foreign teachers (non-ethnic-Chinese)
Targeted applicants: Professor, Associate Professor and Lecturer (or the equivalent), excellent PhD holders or post-doctorates; degrees should be obtained from overseas high-level universities or research institutions. They are expected to have outstanding research achievements and can teach professional courses in English fluently.
Salaries and benefits: NUIST will adopt annual salary system for the foreign teachers (negotiated salary, before tax) after signing full-time contracts (see Table 3). NUIST will provide no less than 50,000 RMB settling-in allowance and a certain amount of start-up fund, two round-trip travel expenses per academic year (economy class). The School will arrange a co-teacher to assist the foreign teacher in dealing with related affairs on and outside campus. The first contract period is 3years and the first year is probation period.
(2) English Language Teacher（non-ethnic-Chinese）
Targeted applicants: Native speakers from UK, USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland and other English speaking countries; with BA or above; 2 years or more teaching experience in English language; no requirements of teaching experience if majored in Education, English Linguistics or Normal specialties.
Treatments: Monthly salary of no less than 10000 RMB (before tax); a free single apartment equipped with an air-conditioner, a water heater, a refrigerator, a washing machine and some necessary furniture; an international travel allowance of 15000 RMB (before tax) per academic year; free internet access; monthly electricity and water subsidy; breakfast and lunch allowances on working days after application formalities; presents on festivals; insurance; etc..
4. Taiwan teachers
Targeted applicants: Applicants should have PhD degree from famous universities and research institutions in Taiwan with outstanding teaching ability and research achievements; focus on such disciplines as Finance, Accounting, Financial Management, English Language and Literature, Translation, Arts and Design Science.
Salaries and benefits: Over 200,000 RMB annual salaries, Nanjing social insurance, a transitional housing or rental subsidy, two round-trip travel expenses (economy class ) per academic year between Nanjing and Taiwan.
Teachers from Hong Kong and Macao may refer to those from Taiwan.
5. Teachers for teachers’ training
Targeted applicants: PhD holders or post-doctorates with doctorates from world renowned universities or research institutions, lecturers, (associate) professors (or the equivalent). In principle, PhD holders and post- doctorates should be under 35 years old. For other types of applicants, the age limit could be more flexible. Applicants should meet the basic requirements in the Table of Vacant Positions (http://rsc.nuist.edu.cn/2018/0120/c1097a89862/page.htm) 2019. We will focus on the disciplines of Education, Psychology, Curriculum and Education Technology.
Salary and benefits: Employed as high-level talents (staff of government affiliated institutions). Salary refers to the national and provincial standards. Bonus refers to that of university professor or associate professor. NUIST will provide a start-up research fund according to the applicant’s condition and the discipline.
Targeted applicants: Full-time Post-doctorates in NUIST (non-Chinese citizens included) with a PhD degree obtained in China or abroad. It should be within 3 years since the applicants get their PhD degrees. Applicants are expected to be under the age of 35 majoring in meteorology, environment, oceanography, geography, remote sensing, electronics, computing, controlling, management, etc. APHD graduate through National Entrance Examination will get the annual salary (negotiated salary, before tax) (see Table 4). The university and tutor will pay for an annual salary of no less than 200,000 RMB.
III. Application information
- Time: December 2018 — December 2019
- Please refer to List of Vacant Positions (http://rsc.nuist.edu.cn/2018/0120/c1097a89862/page.htm) in the Schools of NUIST 2019 for detailed requirements.
- For the applicants of Changwang high-level talents (Face to Face with NUIST Presidents), please send the filled “Application Form for Face to Face with NUIST Presidents” and personal resume to email@example.com. Please write the title of the mail as “Face to Face with NUIST Presidents + Name + Affiliation + Major”. NUIST will send invitation letter to qualified applicants in time. If there is no reply from us within 7days, please contact us by phone.
- 4. For Changwang excellent teachers and teachers for teachers’ training, please send the materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with title of the mail as “NUIST2019recruitment + applying XX School + Name”. Applicants should offer the following materials:
- Application Form for NUIST Changwang High-level Talent Introduction;
- Copy of certificates for academic, degree, professional titles and awards;
- Copy of 3-5 representative papers within the latest 5 years and SCI/SSCI/CSSCI thesis retrieval reports authorized by Sci-tech novelty retrieval organization.
- For foreign teachers (non-ethnic-Chinese), Taiwan teachers and postdoctorates, please send your personal resume to Human Resources Department. In addition, postdoctoral applicants should contact the tutors of the related Schools (Disciplines) at the same time.
- Human Resources Department will select the resumes of Changwang excellent teachers and forward them to the relevant Schools. The Schools will reply to the e-mails within one week. NUIST will organize a collective interview once per month (summer and winter vocations excluded).