Research Assistant, Cancer Science Institute
Are you a biomedical graduate seeking an exciting lab support role?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to better understand the causes of human cancer across Asia, and thereby improve its detection, treatment and prevention. Our outstanding researchers and exceptional facilities create an energetic environment for ground-breaking science and world-class training. A supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Research Assistant to join the team of our new Director, Prof. Ashok Venkitaraman, who has joined us from the University of Cambridge (see
venkitaraman/). This is an exciting opportunity to work in a key role providing oversight, management and support for the research, laboratory and administrative needs of a world-leading cancer research team.
- a University degree in a relevant field;
- 2 to 3 years work experience in a molecular biology lab preferably with experience of murine models;
- basic principles and practices in the fields of biology, physiology and/or chemistry;
- ability to speak and write clearly in English
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of
- Principles, techniques and terminology used in cancer biology;
- Laboratory scientific resource material; laboratory equipment and its care;
- Methods of scientific research and relevant scientific theories;
- Government guidelines and regulations pertinent to laboratory safety and security;
- Packaging and shipping of diagnostic, infectious and hazardous materials;
- Appropriate computer operations, software and peripherals;
- General rules for safe exposure and handling of chemical and biological hazards;
- IRB, OSHE & IACUC regulations; (9) Principles, techniques and terminology used in the examination of clinical and animal samples as well as common lab techniques required for work on laboratory animals
More information on careers in NUS can be found at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/
Please submit applications including (1) a covering letter that explains why you are suited to this post, (2) a detailed CV, and (3) the contact details of 3 professional referees including your last position to:
Cancer Science Institute of Singapore
National University of Singapore Centre for Translational Medicine,
14 Medical Drive, #12-01,
Application Link: https://career44.sapsf.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=4851&company=nationalunP2
We will only contact candidates whose qualifications meet the criteria listed.