Research Assistant, Physiology
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant to join the laboratory of A/Prof Lina Lim (http://proflina.wix.com/inflammation) in the Department of Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/phys/index.html) and the NUS Immunology Program.
Appointments will be made on a 2 year contract basis, with the possibility of extension for 1 or 2 more years.
Purpose of the post
Candidates will be trained on an exciting national grant-funded research project on stress, the immune system and breast cancer. Ultimately, by better understanding the mechanism in which stress hormones are involved in breast cancer metastasis, as well as in the immune response to cancer, it may be possible to develop novel therapeutics for breast cancer in the future.
Main duties and responsibilities
The research assistant’s principal role will be to assist postdocs on the project, mostly working on mouse experiments.
The RA should be able to:
- Undertake the day to day running of the project, e.g. Collaborate with team members, performing experiments, submit weekly reports, apply for appropriate ethics approval for the research, writing the papers;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a BSc or diploma in life science
- Be open to mouse work and working in a lab
- Be able to work independently and in a team