Research Assistant, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
“Novel Precision Technologies to correct β-Thalassaemia Major: In vivo Adeno-Associated Viral vector (AAV)-mediated Base-Editing of the commonest Asian IVS1-5 (G>C) mutation in Haemopoetic Stem Cells (HSC), utilising engineered AAV, personalised Humanised”
The above-named project is funded by the National Medical Research Council, Ministry of Health. Our research focuses on delineating the factors that influence the safety and efficacy of intrauterine (fetal) therapy targeting major haemoglobinopathies. This therapy is promising in theory but has proven difficult to translate efficiently in preclinical and clinical models, with the main challenge being long-term and clinically relevant donor cell engraftment. Our group has developed a murine model of gene and stem cell therapy for thalassaemia major, our clinical target disease, and we seek a highly motivated scientist to join our team. The candidate should have knowledge of cell culture, molecular biology and animal handling. Promising and capable candidates who do not yet have the experience in these fields may also be considered.
- Work closely with the PI to design and plan experiments;
- Independently prepare and present study material at investigator meetings and review meetings;
- Assist with report generation, scientific meeting/conference presentations;
- Assist the team with carrying out experiments and data collection;
- Be responsible for data quality control, analysis and data presentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in any related scientific discipline
- Strong oral and written communication and writing skills
- At least 1 year of experience working in the above mentioned search field
- Intention to remain in this employment for the duration of the research project (i.e. a 1-year time-line)
- Experience in animal surgery is a bonus
- Salary is awarded in accordance to the regulations of NUS employment; this employment is Full Time.
Interested parties please contact Lai Xin Hui Serene at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8276