Research Fellow, Synthetic Biology Program
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Programme, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Fresh PhD holders are encouraged to apply.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator (PI) and a team of researchers on several novel and ambitious projects. Areas of research include large scale DNA amplification, DNA modification, purification and engineering
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow is expected to:
- Manage and drive one or more research projects, design and execute experiments, assimilate and interpret results;
- Solve scientific problems, think independently, and suggest creative solutions;
- Write papers together with the PI for publication in high-impact journals;
- Mentor graduate and undergraduate students.
The applicant should:
- Hold a PhD degree in molecular biology and cell biology, or a related field;
- Have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology or biochemistry. Experience with protein science is favourable;
- Have a strong record of publications in international journals;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, and be attentive to details;
- Be passionate about science, self-motivated, naturally take ownership of assignments, and proactively propose solutions to arising issues.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Mageswari, at email@example.com
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees) by 27 Nov. 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9259