Resources and Information Officer
- A great opportunity to provide administrative support to the Careers Centre
- Full time, continuing position with a base salary of $78K + 17% superannuation
- Located on the Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
About the opportunity
As the Resources and Information Officer, you will provide communications to students and employers through the Careers Centre website, social media and email marketing. You will also provide administrative support to the Careers Centre by assisting in the development of print and electronic material and with invoicing and managing social media sites.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work as part of a team of 9 and provide administrative support for all Careers Centre services
- support the Resources and Information Manager with finance related activities
- assist in maintaining and updating information pages for the Careers Centre website
- create content for social media platforms to attract new followers and improve engagement
- respond to stakeholder needs by posting relevant content, monitor and report on social media metrics
- support the organisation of events by creating flyers, arranging AV equipment and general event prep
- provide reception cover for the Careers Centre and undertakes ad-hoc projects and other activities.
- relevant tertiary qualifications such as marketing, communications and/or digital media is desirable
- proven ability to apply policy guidelines and advise on procedures in response to enquiries
- demonstrated solution orientated approach with excellent attention to detail
- experience using software programs such as Adobe (e.g. Photoshop or InDesign) to make content
- excellent time management skills with demonstrated knowledge in database entry and maintenance
- ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes
- excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Thursday, 16th December 2021
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rachel Strong, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 7612 or by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
To keep our community safe please be aware of our COVID safety precautions, which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.