SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
CENTRE FOR RESEARCH IN AGED CARE
$66,813 - $71,161 PA (HEW 4) pro rata
FIXED-TERM, PART-TIME, JOONDALUP CAMPUS
Fixed term contract until 31/12/2023
Working part-time (50%)
With flexible working day options!
The purpose of the Centre for Research in Aged Care (CRAC) is to bring positive change to the quality of living and dying for older people receiving aged or end-of-life care. The CRAC is funded by ECU as a Strategic Research Centre and sits within the governance of the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
Within the CRAC there are three research themes which cross the settings where aged care is provided and received: home, residential aged care, and hospital. The themes are:
- Innovations utilising the power of big data
- Innovations in clinical care
- Innovations in technology
This position is responsible for working across and supporting the director and the lead researchers of the three themes in the conduct of research, guided by instructions and procedures for more complex tasks. The primary duties of the role include to:
- Provide administrative support, including compiling/ coordinating reports, publications and developing/maintaining accurate records.
- Maximise the communication of research through social media.
- Support the production of a quarterly newsletter, maintenance and updating of the Centre website.
- Support communication with the Centre’s advisory board and partners, including virtual and in-person meeting arrangements, note taking, preparation of papers.
- Plan and support Centre events such as seminars, workshops, conferences.
- Plan, set up, maintain and update spreadsheets or database applications for research information.
- Optimise research activity for projects by assisting and supporting grant writing, submissions, the compilation of ethics and other applications.
- Employees are required to participate in all ECU, team, and individual planning activities; comply with ECU policies and practices in all aspects of their work and conduct; and ensure the safety and wellbeing of themselves and others by complying with OSH and EO requirements.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
ECU is a smoke-free environment.
Benefits & Remuneration
This part-time 50%, fixed-term position attracts remuneration of $66,813 - $71,161 pa (HEW 4) (pro-rata 50%) plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Professor Davina Porock on 08 6304 5913 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement (maximum 2 pages) addressing the capabilities in the Position Description giving clear examples of where you have met these capabilities.
Sunday 12 December 2021 at 11:30pm (AWST).
PLEASE NOTE: OPEN TO APPLICANTS WITH THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS ONLY
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.