Officer, Research Proposals, Indigenous Targeted Role
- Provide pre-award support for competitive research grant applications,
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander targeted position*
- Full-time, continuing position at level HEW 6 ($81,809 - $88,554) plus 17% superannuation
- Based at the RMIT in the heart of Melbourne
About the Portfolio
This position sits within the Research and Innovation Portfolio whichsupports researchers and graduate researchers with research partnerships, grants and research contracts, funding opportunities, capability development, research training, ethics and integrity, intellectual property, commercialisation, internships, communication and profile. Research Strategy and Services sits within this Portfolio and supports researchers to achieve excellent research outcomes. Research Strategy and Services supports strategy development and implementation and continuous improvement in services, systems and processes
About the role
The Officer, Research Proposals provides efficient and effective pre-award support for competitive research grant applications, tender responses, prizes and internal research funding schemes. This includes communicating funding opportunities, coordinating expression of interest processes, reviewing compliance and eligibility, providing expert advice on grant guidelines, and ensuring timely and accurate data entry in internal and external research management systems.
To be successful in this position, you will be required to have the following:
- Must identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
- Experience in research administration, preferably in the higher education sector.
- An understanding of research funding schemes and proposal development;
- Highly developed customer relations and interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to use judgement and provide advice.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with proven ability to organise and prioritise work and complete tasks with tight timeframes.
- A high level of computer literacy and/or database skills, preferably large, complex databases.
- Proven ability to contribute to continuous process improvement.
A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant work experience.
*This is a Targeted position and therefore ONLY open to applicants of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage in accordance with an exemption granted under section 12 of the Vic - Equal Opportunity Act 2010. This is a recruitment strategy to increase Aboriginal workforce.
The successful applicant is required to provide confirmation of their Australian Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Please submit your CV and brief covering letter addressing your interest and suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
For further information, please reach out to Fraser Rogerson, Manager Research Proposals via email email@example.com
Applications close: 11:59 pm (AEST) Sunday 5 December 2021