Indigenous Curriculum Specialist, Identified position
- Key Identified role to embed Indigenous perspectives into curriculum
- Salary Level HEW 8: $101,522 - 114,366 p.a + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Must be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage *
- Full-time, continuing position, based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work at other campuses
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment.
About the College/Portfolio
This position sits within RMIT's STEM College, which holds a leading position and expertise in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industries.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. The College is renowned for its exemplary research in many STEM areas including advanced manufacturing and design; computing technologies; health innovation and translational medicine; nano materials and devices; and sustainable systems. Our brilliant researchers attract funding from government and industry sources.
See our video for further information https://videomy.co/PUkcpf5
As Indigenous Curriculum Specialist, you will be responsible for providing high quality, pedagogically-sound and innovative curriculum that embed Indigenous knowledges, to support the delivery of high-quality academic programs and courses and quality student experience.
To be successful in this position, you'll have as a minimum:
- 'Aboriginality' or 'Must be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage' is an 'Essential Selection Criteria'
- Proven experience in curriculum development, assessment or technology enhanced learning, using Indigenous knowledges perspectives
- An understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- The ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples
- The capability and commitment to continue to develop Indigenous perspectives in the curricula.
- Experience in high level reporting and analysis, with the ability to write and present concisely and effectively.
- Organisational and project management skills and the ability to prioritise work, work to deadlines and undertake several parallel projects.
- Relationship management, consultation and liaison skills to communicate effectively at all levels.
A degree with appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
This is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Designated Position, classified under 'special measures' of section 12 of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act 2010. Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply. Confirmation of Aboriginality and/or Torres Strait Islander is required.
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for the position and click on the "apply" link below.
For further information please reach out to Tim Smith, Principal Advisor Learning and Teaching via email@example.com
Applications close 11:55 pm Sunday 12 December 2021
The Victorian Government has announced that all workers - in Melbourne and regional Victoria - on the Authorised Worker list must be vaccinated. This is not a decision made by RMIT - we are compelled to comply with this government health directive. RMIT has not made any decisions to mandate vaccination across our whole RMIT community.
If the requirements of this role determine vaccination is required, resulting from the current Authorised Worker mandate or future Victorian Government changes, RMIT will advise and request proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.