Research Assistant, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant position in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (PI: Wilfried Moreira). Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will be responsible to, and work closely with the Principal Investigator and a team of researchers on the goals set out for the project(s) of interest. The project involves microbiology work with anaerobes and bacteriophages.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Assistant, under the supervision of the PI, is expected to:
- plan and execute experiments in an independent manner.
- work in close collaboration with another RA on the same project.
- Follow GLP and GDP to execute, document and report experiments.
- Manage stocks and inventory and supervise orders and purchases.
The applicant should:
- Hold BSc in Biological Sciences, or related disciplines.
- Have knowledge and/or hand-on experience on microbiology (bacteriology and phage biology), anaerobic cultures and molecular biology.
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature & attention to details.
- Knowledge of GLP and GDP is preferred.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.