Field Nurse, School of Health Systems and Public Health
SCHOOL OF HEALTH SYSTEMS AND PUBLIC HEALTH|
FIELD NURSE FOUR POSITIONS (ONE-YEAR CONTRACT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 11
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Selection and recruitment of study participants;
- Administering questionnaires to study participants;
- Data collection from patient files;
- Conducting participants’ interviews and focus group discussions;
- Data capturing and maintaining accurate records of study participants;
- Provision of health education and training to patients
- Assisting in project-related trainings of healthcare providers including community health workers;
- Liaise with and support healthcare providers in diabetes management
- Planning and organisation of logistics required in the field
- Documentation and submitting progress reports to the Senior Nurse.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Nursing /Clinical Medical Practice (BCMP) or equivalent NQF 6 Certificate;
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) or as a Clinical Associate with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA);
- At least one years’ experience in a research environment;
- Two years’ experience in diabetes management and diabetes education.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of diabetes management and diabetes education;
- Knowledge of research methodologies;
- Administration of questionnaires;
- Focus group discussions;
- Able to work independently as well as be part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Computer literacy with a broad knowledge and experience of MS Office packages, internet, Gmail and all aspects of PeopleSoft or related programmes;
- Accuracy and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good planning and organisational skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health
- Primary Health Care (PHC)
- One year involvement in, or exposure in clinical research
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 08 December 2021.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms LN Sijako, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Dr Patrick Ngassa Piotie, Tel: (012) 356 3290/079 848 4101 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 July 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.