Course Leader, Higher Education Diploma
As a private provider of Higher Education programs, the Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC) is now developing its higher education division further with a Higher Education Diploma of Counselling Practice. As a specialist provider with over 30 years industry experience, AIPC offers comprehensive and innovative higher education programs providing a unique and personalised learning experience to tertiary students studying through external learning.
About the role:
With the Diploma of Counselling Practice in development, the Institute is now seeking applications for a Course Leader. Commencing in January 2022, the position involves coordinating and implementing the delivery and assessment of the Diploma of Counselling Practice higher education program in accordance with approved Institute policies and requirements. The position reports to and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer.
Based at the Institute's Higher Education campus in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, the position is permanent full-time (with 6 months' probation). Days and hours of work are Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities undertaken by the position include:
- Lead the Diploma higher education academic team in the effective and compliant delivery of the Diploma higher education program and services.
- Monitor unit development and delivery in accord with the course approval.
- Coordinate the Diploma academic team with a positive and proactive leadership style.
- Develop and deliver tutorials and webinars, and develop learning resources including study guides for assigned units.
- Provide study assistance and support to students.
- Monitor feedback from students and recommend strategies to improve student feedback and academic outcomes.
- Actively participate in relevant academic governance committees.
- Maintain accurate and compliant academic documentation.
- Action and resolve appeals, grievances, and complaints of an academic nature from students.
- Work collaboratively and liaise effectively with academic and administrative staff.
- Identify and participate in appropriate scholarship and professional development.
Skills and Experience:
To perform effectively in this role, successful applicants will have:
- At least a Master qualification in Psychology or Counselling.
- Ability to coordinate, teach and administer the successful delivery of a teaching/training program.
- Experience in the development of course and subject teaching and assessment resources.
- Demonstrated teaching ability in relevant fields.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise, negotiate and collaborate with internal and external parties.
- Demonstrated continuing professional development in a relevant field and/or Adult Learning/Teaching.
- Eligible for membership of a relevant industry association.
We have a strong student-centric, values-driven culture based on the guiding principle: “Empowering people to help others”. The overall purpose of our organisation is for our graduates’, through their own work, to positively influence the level of wellbeing and health in our communities. We accept our role in fulfilling this purpose, working with responsibility, passion, expertise and skill. Our teams develop high quality, applicable courses and programs, and provide an exceptional level of education and service to our students. As such, we have a strong focus on creating an accountable, supportive and engaging work environment built on joint purpose, teamwork, and enthusiasm for what we do.
How to Apply:
Please apply via your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, as soon as possible.
*Applications will be assessed on a first-in basis and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any questions prior to making application please contact Sandra Poletto (CEO) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3112 2000.