Work Experience Development Manager
Person specification - skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to deliver reports and presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Proven IT and broader digital literacy skills, including use of Microsoft Office, social media platforms and data analysis.
- Familiarity with work experience provision and associated policies and protocols including quality, risk management, work based learning and health and safety.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- Continuing professional development required to maintain professional recognition
- Professional practitioner with knowledge and expertise used to contribute to the delivery and development of work experience opportunities, services, events and activities within the organisation.
- Experience of implementing policy and procedures and involvement with future changes for a service area.
- Knowledge and experience of ensuring compliance with regulatory and organisational policy and guidelines.
- Experience of providing specialist advice and guidance to a range of customers (including students and employers) and colleagues, including more senior colleagues.
- Experience of being able to network effectively and develop strong and productive working relationships, to influence perceptions of the University.
- Ability to contribute to planning at operational level. Experience of project management with the ability to set goals, prioritise and respond positively to change.
- Experience of delivering student-facing activities (e.g. workshops, presentations, one to one support) in a Higher Education context.
- Proven experience, knowledge and understanding of the graduate labour market and employer engagement in work experience opportunities and related activity.
- Proven experience of establishing effective external and internal stakeholder relationships in the context of student recruitment and work experience activity.