Equitable Learning Advisor
- Full-time, Continuing contract with multiple positions available
- Salary Level HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but will be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
The Equitable Learning Advisor is responsible for determining the support needs of students with a wide range of disabilities, long-term illnesses and/or mental health conditions, as well as primary carers of someone with a disability, so students can participate equitably in their study program. This involves working closely with students and academic, teaching and professional staff from across the University.
To thrive in this role, you will understand disability-related legislative and regulatory frameworks, have the desire to contribute and impact our RMIT community and well-developed verbal and written communication skills to influence, liaise and negotiate closely with a variety of stakeholders across the University.
To be successful in this position, you'll also have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or relevant experience at a similar level.
- Demonstrated ability to foster independence amongst tertiary students with disabilities, long-term illnesses and/or mental health conditions.
- Ability to assess the learning impacts of students and determine reasonable adjustments, including the application of assistive technology, to support them to succeed in their studies.
- Understanding of inclusive practice approaches in teaching and assessment.
- Strong organisational skills, including a demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and to contribute positively and proactively to the team's work.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Understanding and commitment to diversity, inclusion and reconciliation.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Diana Ruiz via email email@example.com.
Applications close on 6 December at 11:59 pm.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The Victorian Government has announced that all workers - in Melbourne and regional Victoria - on the Authorised Worker list must be vaccinated. This is not a decision made by RMIT - we are compelled to comply with this government health directive. RMIT has not made any decisions to mandate vaccination across our whole RMIT community.
If the requirements of this role determine vaccination is required, resulting from the current Authorised Worker mandate or future Victorian Government changes, RMIT will advise and request proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.