Coordinator, HDR Partnership Agreements, Research and Innovation
- Exciting opportunity to join the sector leader for HDR Engagement
- Targeted position, open only to applicants of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage *
- Salary Level HEW 7 ($90,271- $97,713 p.a plus 17% Superannuation) and Flexible Working
- Full-Time, ongoing position based at RMIT's CBD campus
RMIT offers life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
About the Research and Innovation Portfolio
RMIT's Research and Innovation Portfolio supports researchers to help shape the world and supports support cutting-edge research and careers that make a positive impact on communities.
Part of the Research and Innovation Portfolio, the School of Graduate Research (SGR), supports graduates to drive innovation and contribute to excellent research outcomes. Managing the candidature lifecycle from admission to examination, SGR provides services for scholarships, candidature, quality assurance, and a suite of career and professional development programs to enrich the experience of our research candidates and our Higher Degree by Research (HDR) supervisors.
In this exciting role as Coordinator, HDR Partnership Agreements, you will be responsible for supporting and improving processes to ensure increased opportunities for HDR candidates that enhance the diverse career paths they may choose. These opportunities are primarily focused on engagement with global partners and research end-users (such as government, industry, commercial, and not-for-profit organisations) via collaborative research projects and internships.
You will also responsible for providing advice about the development of new partnerships, such as the feasibility of the proposal, and input into the development of agreements. In addition, you will oversee the agreement lifecycle and will ensure that appropriate governance and quality assurance is in place.
To be successful in this position, you'll have as a minimum:
- Must identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person.
- Clear understanding of the Australian tertiary education environment with demonstrated experience in industry engagement and/or international education.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify, develop, and implement improvements to the customer experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including negotiation skills and the ability to develop content, process maps, and comprehensive management reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills, and the ability to assess priorities, exercise discretionary judgment, and work through multiple tasks simultaneously and under pressure.
- Strong focus on customer service and attention to detail.
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude in working using an agile mindset in a fast-changing and dynamic team, including working through ambiguity.
A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant work experience.
* This is a Targeted position and therefore ONLY open to applicants of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage in accordance with an exemption granted under section 12 of the Vic - Equal Opportunity Act 2010. This is a recruitment strategy to increase Aboriginal workforce. The successful applicant is required to provide confirmation of their Australian Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Please submit your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply now' link.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description or contact Stephanie Morrison-Duff, Senior Manager, HDR Strategy & Policy via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11:55 pm on Sunday 5 December 2021 at 11:55 pm
Information for Indigenous applicants: