Research Assistant, Physiology
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant in the Department of Physiology. The Department aims to bring together researchers from a wide range of disciplines with an interest to maximise human potential, with focus on the field of applied physiology. We aim to adopt a holistic perspective that considers human potential as an integrative measure of health, productivity, performance, human capital and overall well-being over the lifespan, in our environment. Appointments will be made on 1-year contract.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to lead and align studies with the overall goal of the funded project. The RA will work closely with the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of projects in the programme on time. The RA’s principal role will be to lead studies including designing, planning and analysing data collected.
Main duties and responsibilities
The RA will liaise with the relevant personnel to smooth the process of recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principal Investigator (PI).
The RA will:
- Design experiments and surveys to fulfil the overall goal of the project and programme;
- Conduct research in human subjects including data collection, analysis and interpretation;
- Generate peer-reviewed publications;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as procurement matters, research ethics application etc;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI;
- Be motivated and able to learn new analytic skillsets and train users; and
- Work beyond routine work hours due to the nature of our research.