Research Assistant, Singapore Gastric Cancer Consortium
The Singapore Gastric Cancer Consortium (SGCC) is a translational research group comprising clinicians and scientists working in gastric cancer research. The group aims to solve important clinical questions to improve the care of gastric cancer patients, facilitated by close interaction between clinicians and scientists, and with synergism that enables biologic discoveries in the laboratory to be validated in the clinical setting.
Our research theme, “Bringing Discoveries to Patients” was awarded the Open Fund - Large Collaborative Grant by the National Medical Research Council in 2019. This will spearhead key research projects which include molecular testing for gastric cancer prevention, personalized cancer therapy and treatment, characterization of gastric stem cells, and single cell analysis of gastric cancers.
- Work with Research Fellow/s in the conducting of clinical research projects
- Processing and molecular analysis of patient blood and tissue samples
- Perform lab-based molecular work according to strict methodologies
- Optimizing and troubleshooting new experimental protocols
- Keep meticulous records of experimental work
- Coordinate laboratory operational activities through managing laboratory and sample inventories, establishing laboratory procedures and organization of laboratory consumables
- Work with Laboratory Safety Lead to ensure laboratory safety and maintain safety documentation and procedures
- Assist Research Manager in grant reports and organizing scientific meetings
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Proactive and able to work independently in a corporate as well as laboratory setting
- Work collaboratively with other research groups
- Critical thinking and systematic problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Keen interest in scientific literature, keeps up to date with relevant research publications
- Experience in laboratory research and molecular biology techniques will be advantageous.
- Well-organized and able to clearly summarize and present information and data obtained.
Bachelors or Masters in Life Sciences/ Biological Science/ Biomedical Science or related fields. Laboratory experience in molecular work (DNA/ RNA prep and protein assays, Next-Gen Sequencing, Pyrosequencing) and tissue culture preferred. Grant or report writing experience and experience of coordinating research projects also are valuable.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 7358