Research Fellow, Theoretical Quantum Information Science
About Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT)
The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a research center of excellence at the National University of Singapore doing cutting-edge theoretical and experimental science. CQT is located on the campus of the National University of Singapore and offers a friendly, international work environment. Learn more about CQT at https://www.quantumlah.org/
At CQT we are developing next generation hardware for Quantum Sensors. Our team is composed of researchers with various backgrounds in science and we work at the spearhead towards developing technologies enhancing current quantum sensors and make them applicable to tackle challenging problems.
The Centre is looking for a talented and driven Research Fellow to join the research group of Prof. Valerio Scarani. The group specialises in foundational aspects, nonlocality and device-independent certification, quantum thermodynamics and quantum optics.
The position is notably open to join the team that studies statistical irreversibility through Bayesian retrodiction. However, other topics can be considered in the case of excpetionally competent candidates.
The position is open for two years, with further extensions possible in case of exceptional performance. Starting as early as 1 January 2022 and no later than 31 March 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading a theoretical research project in quantum information science.
- Besides personal research work, this involves coordinating the work of students (Ph.D. and/or undergraduate) that are working on the topic
- Ph.D. in Physics.
- Record of peer-reviewed publications in a relevant field: quantum information science, statistical thermodynamics, complexity theory.
- Proved capacity of working with several co-workers.
- Experience of teaching and/or follow-up of younger students’ projects in the university context. Strong communication skills and writing skills.
The remuneration is competitive and depends on the expertise and skill set.
For enquiries and details about the position, please contact Prof. Valerio Scarani at email@example.com .
Please include your consent by filling in the NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants.
Employment Type : Full-time
Applications can be submitted via the link below and should contain: the latest CV, and letter of recommendation (if any).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.