Center for Language Education Faculty Position, English Language
Southern University of Science and Technology, China (SUSTech)
Center for Language Education Faculty Positions – English Language
The Center for Language Education (CLE) at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) invites applications for instructors to teach English to a diverse range of SUSTech students (undergraduate and postgraduate). SUSTech is a young public research university located in Shenzhen, China, near Hong Kong. The primary language of instruction at the university is Chinese and English.
The CLE is committed to enhancing students’ ability to use English language to acquire their subject knowledge, foster their communication competence in global academic settings, and to develop students’ critical thinking skills, cross-cultural awareness, and the ability for communication of science and technology in English. The Center is rapidly expanding and has a great need for teachers with insight and experience in English language teaching.
- Teach EFL, EAP, ESP for STEM courses to undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Develop curriculum, assessment and course materials;
- Design and organize extra-curricular activities to facilitate student’s English language development;
- Provide training for the administrative staff to enhance their workplace English proficiency;
- A masters or doctorate degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching English at the college/university level;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: EAP, curriculum development, ESP for STEM, assessment, teacher training, academic writing, educational technology;
- Experience living/teaching abroad highly desirable;
- For applicants with a doctorate degree, evidence of research publication in the field of English language education.
Conditions of Employment
Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis. SUSTech provides competitive compensation which includes salary, medical insurance, subsidized housing and other benefits.
Send CV, cover letter, contact details of 3 referees, scanned copies of academic qualifications and any other supporting materials to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled, with an expected start date in August 2020.
Apply for Center for Language Education Faculty Position, English Language
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly