Civil Society Initiative Officer
Department: Civil Society Initiative (CSI), Graduate School of Development
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Closing Date: 10/29/2021
The University of Central Asia seeks to fill the full-time position of the Officer for 8 months with possible extension at the Civil Society Initiative (CSI). Established in 2017, CSI brings to the foreground the importance of associational life in the well-being of communities and society and civil society organizations as drivers of efforts to give people a voice on policy and governance. CSI aims to foster a more enabling policy and administrative environment for civil society's development, including measures that unlock the potential of philanthropy to support activities for public benefit. It focuses on building the organizational capacity of a wide range of civil society groups and broader public awareness of their essential contribution to society. CSI also aims to become a center of knowledge on civil society developments, contemporary trends and forms of organization and how civil society is responding to the major issues and challenges.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall coordination role at all stages of programme activities, proactively monitoring its progress
- Collecting, registering, reporting and maintaining information and documentation related to CSI programmes; provide awareness raising information about the programmes
- Monitoring and following up on the implementation progress of ongoing projects; Preparing programme performance and financial reports
- Establishing and maintaining liaison with programme partners (government agencies, development organizations, civil society actors)
- Arrange events on local and regional level
- Managing the programme's budget, monitoring expenditures
- Process the payments related to programme
- Contribute to proposal writing to secure external funding of projects
- Provide administrative support as required
- Performing other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business/Public Administration, Economics, Management or other relevant field
- At least two years of experience in project planning, managing/coordinating projects
- Experience of work with the international organizations, high-level government officials representing central governmental bodies and local administrations
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills for interaction with colleagues and partners
- Readiness to travel in the Central Asian region
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required.
- Knowledge of Central Asian languages would be an asset.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 29 October 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “CSI Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.