Lecturer in Psychology, Social Psychology
Job Profile Teaching - Tutor
Contract Type Permanent
A Psychology Department Lecturer has the following core areas of responsibility:
- Teaching on a range of psychology subjects as required
- Creating and marking assessment materials
- Supervising students’ dissertations
- Contributing to curriculum development work, such as updating programme materials
- Providing pastoral support and guidance to students and/or skills development coaching on relevant programmes and modules
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with BPP systems and processes
- Contributing to internal and external BPP marketing, business development, outreach and employability activities
BPP Psychology Department sits within the BPP School of Health. The School of Health combines the academic excellence of a university with the real-life focus of a professional environment. At the Psychology Department we offer the BPS-accredited MSc Psychology Conversion Programmes (campus-based and distance learning) since 2016 as well as deliver Professional Development courses.
Please see attached Job Description.
Department School of Health - Psychology
Vacancy location UK, London, London Waterloo
- PhD in Psychology or near completion
- Experience in teaching Social Psychology modules at University level
- Expertise in Social Psychology
- Ability to independently design teaching materials, Including lectures and seminars
- Ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
Please see attached job description for further details such as desired criteria.
The role of a Psychology Lecturer will develop your skills as a professional educator.
You will be given the opportunity to acquire a level 7 teaching qualification, the PGCPHE. You will have regular appraisals with your line manager at which development opportunities will be discussed.
Contract Hours 35.00
Salary 33,000 - 39,000
Full Job Description
Lecturer in Psychology- FT Sept 2021 - Social Psychology.pdf (155 Kb)