Senior Research Fellow, Industrialising 26% Heterojunction Cells
- Fabrication of >25% large-area high efficiency p-type & n-type monocrystalline silicon wafer solar cells.
- Research focusing on the following:
- Conceptualization, design, development and fabrication of low-cost methods for very high-efficiency solar cells with a specific focus on commercialisation.
- Drive analysis and characterisation for complex industrial processes especially at an early stage of the commercialisation.
- Perform design-of-experiments (DOE) and advanced characterization to obtain optimised doped layers and tunnelling layers, especially for bifacial cells and passivated contact solar cells
- Designing advanced patterning methods and/or masked/selective deposition
- Effectively contribute in the project team(s) for solar cell efficiency improvements
- Assist in developing new processes and improving existing processes
- Carry out processes for high-efficiency silicon wafer solar cells involving operation of tools such as: wet chemical tools, tube furnaces, APCVD, inline PECVD, sputter, versatile laser tool, screen-printing machine and firing furnace.
- Assist the research group with processing and characterisation services for various company-funded and public-funded projects.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Materials Sciences with specialization in Silicon Photovoltaics or Microelectronics.
- 3-5 years of experience in silicon wafer solar cell fabrication and characterization, or other relevant experience.
- Researchers with prior experience on development of large area silicon wafer solar cells will be preferred.
- Required to work in semiconductor clean room and characterisation lab.
- Expertise in relevant software for: DOE, data analysis, AutoCAD, grid design, layer/solar cell modelling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (in English) skills required. Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese will be a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must be target/KPI-driven and well organized
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance and reporting required.
- Must be able to independently plan, initiate/execute and report on research activities. Project management experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective communication of ideas and results to the team and/or other stakeholders is crucial
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department : Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No