Research Assistant, Syn Bio TRP
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant (RA) positions in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Program (TRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Bachelor’s holders are welcome.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will be responsible to and work closely with the Principal Investigator and the lead research fellow on the goals set out for the project(s) of interest. The RA’s principal role will be to work in a team to engineer microbes for producing value-added biochemicals.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Assistant is expected to:
- Develop biological parts and genetic tools for engineering of industry-relevant microbes;
- Engineer microbes such as E. coli for industrial applications in the production of value-added biochemicals from industrial or agricultural by-products;
- Provide technical support to research fellows, and graduate students working in the group;
- Assist in any other duties that are delegated by the Principal Investigator and group leaders.
The applicant should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines;
- Have decent knowledge and hands-on experience on biotechnology, biochemistry, or metabolic engineering of bacteria to produce value-added biochemicals;
- Be able to work independently and in a team and have an investigative nature and is attentive to details.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal application: Please submit your application via email, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.