Senior Administrative Assistant, School of Health Systems and Public Health
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF HEALTH SYSTEMS AND PUBLIC HEALTH
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 11
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be required to provide efficient student and academic administration and support in the School of Health Systems and Public Health.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Student administration and communications:
- Supporting current and prospective students by resolving inquiries effectively and in a timely manner;
- Ensuring student applications are complete and follow up on incomplete applications;
- Providing support to all students and refer complicated matters to the client service centre;
- Student applications and registrations:
- Assisting students in the registration process;
- Communicating registration requirements and deadlines for submissions to all students;
- Capturing student records on PeopleSoft;
- Module administration:
- Booking venues for all SHSPH modules;
- Registering modules: Add modules based on students booking forms and emails;
- Solving problems regarding duplicate bookings, incorrect codes etc;
- Student’s summaries and marks:
- Entering student information for finalist;
- Compiling and providing academic records for finalist;
- Compiling and providing letters to all finalists;
- Student graduations:
- Supporting the graduation process;
- Fielding all questions and enquiries regarding graduation process;
- Attending graduations and providing the necessary support as required by the faculty;
- General office management:
- Being efficient in telephonic conversations to communicate with staff, students and external stakeholders;
- Performing general office duties necessary for service delivery;
- Liaising with staff within the faculty, the broader university, other departments and relevant support services;
- Operational and ad hoc activities
- Serving as Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) representative in the School;
- Carrying out intermediate administrative or other tasks assigned by the Chairperson and/or line manager.
- A relevant three-year Diploma with one year experience in office and student admiration in a tertiary environment;
- Grade 12 with three years’ experience in office and student administration in a tertiary environment.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Computer literate and use of office software packages and advanced programmes for data analysis (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well in the use of internet and e-mails);
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent English language skills (read, write, speak).
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A total of one year experience in a higher education environment.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 28 October 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms LN Sijako, Tel: (012) 356 3246/ via email Lucretia.email@example.com for application-related enquiries, and Mr T Eksteen, Tel: (012) 356 3270/ via email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.