Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Material Science Engineering 2021/22
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Physical Science and Engineering Division (faculty): Material Science and Engineering Program
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Jun 30, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The KAUST Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) program seeks candidates at all ranks who will develop a world-class competitive research program on one or multiple of the following key areas:
- Materials Discovery by AI, with application to renewable energy or quantum materials.
- Emergent Semiconductor Materials relevant to applications in renewable energy devices, nanogenerators, nanoscale optoelectronics, sensors for Smart Health, and novel photon detectors for machine vision.
The MSE programs plays a pivotal role in supporting KAUST strategic initiatives: artificial intelligence, climate and livability, smart health and cybersecurity. Applications that would strengthen our footprint in one or more of these initiatives will be strongly considered.
The MSE program tackles grand challenges in sustainability and alternative energy, nanotechnology and nano electronics, biomaterials, materials characterization, and low-power computing. The program aims to support KAUST's solar, membrane, catalysis, combustion, and water desalination research centers.
About the PSE Division and KAUST
The MSE program belongs to the Physical Science and Engineering Division that comprises seven Degree Programs: Material Science and Engineering, Applied Physics, Earth Science and Engineering, Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Science, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. These disciplines provide the foundation for our Division's quest to address some of the major challenges that we face in the world today, including those related to energy and the environment. Specifically, our faculty members and their research teams work on topics as diverse as: photovoltaics, super capacitors, porous materials for carbon capture and membranes, clean combustion, atmospheric modeling, new polymers and composite for smart materials and structures.
KAUST is an international graduate research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through interdisciplinary research, education, and innovation. Located in Saudi Arabia, on the western shores of the Red Sea, KAUST offers superb research facilities, generous baseline research funding, and internationally competitive salaries, together with unmatched living conditions for individuals and families. More information about KAUST academic programs and research activities are available at: http://www.kaust.edu.sa
A relevant Ph.D. degree. Proven track record in managing a research group as well as publishing high-impact papers.
Teaching and service responsibilities
Commitment to high-quality teaching at the graduate level, including two courses per academic year. Active service to KAUST on all aspects of academic life.
The University offers access to multiple sources of research funding to its Principal Investigators. The successful applicant should have an established record of publishing high-impact papers, and is expected to create a thriving research program including engaging in national and international scientific collaborations.
Applicants are required to complete an online application form using the Interfolio online application system (https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/about/faculty-positions). To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- a cover letter, introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank (Assistant, Associate, Full) that the candidate is applying for, is required. The rank must be consistent with the candidate experience,
- up-to-date curriculum vita which includes full publication list,
- statement of research interests,
- statement of teaching interests,
- a list of the names/affiliation and contact details of at least six potential referees,
- copies of most relevant publications (maximum of five),
- two citation reports (Web of Science and Scopus).
PLEASE NOTE: Only complete applications submitted through the online application system will be considered. Applications will be evaluated as soon as they are received, and will receive full consideration until the positions are filled.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia