Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Chinese Culture and Global Communication
UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in September 2022:
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Chinese Culture and Global Communication (Ref:DHSS211013)
Candidates with expertise in the following areas: A Media Studies specialist focusing on the impact of media in East Asian societies (such as genders, youth culture, and consumption behavior).
1. PhD degree in Media Studies with a special focus on East Asia, particularly its movie industry, video games industry and/or the interactive media market.
2. Able to teach introductory courses on communication theories and media studies.
3. Able to teach upper-level specialized courses on the impact of media on East Asia societies (particularly genders, youth culture, and consumption behavior).
4. Able to develop new courses that compare the impact of media in East Asia with that in other parts of the world.
5. Able to conduct original research and publish in international journals and presses.
6. Candidates must have PhD degrees in hand and prior teaching experience at undergraduate level.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Commencing salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and social insurance. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/563 .
*If you failed to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to email@example.com . Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm . Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.