Research Assistant, Global Health
Applications are invited for the following full-time position in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health:
Research Assistant (Global Health)
The Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is recruiting a full-time Research Assistant for the Leadership Institute for Global Health Transformation (LIGHT). The position would suit a recent graduate.
- To work with the Director of LIGHT and the LIGHT team on collaborative and international research and practice projects with partner organisations nationally and globally (including NGO, government, industry, and other research and academic institutions)
- To assist with preparation and writing of:
- Policy briefs to aid government and other public health leaders in decision making
- Manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- White papers
- Research grants for submission to local and international grant funding bodies (i.e. NMRC, NIH, NIHR, etc.)
- Ethics submission documents for research projects, both local and international
- Interval and final reports for research grants and ethics submissions.
- To support logistics and communications for stakeholder meetings and events, including coordination of the meetings and liaising with collaborators, meeting/event participants and vendors
- To perform preliminary research to support the design of curricula for executive programmes and leadership development programmes
- To perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
The grade of appointment will be accorded based on candidate’s academic qualifications and years of relevant experience.
For further enquiries, please contact Ms Elisa Coati at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree in a relevant subject area (e.g. Public Health, Global Health, International Development, Business Administration, etc.), or equivalent
- Public health/global health experience
- Outstanding writing and communication skills in English
- Ability to write in different formats (e.g. reports, media, academic writing)
- Good email etiquette and ability to deal effectively with senior stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure, use independent judgement and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints
- Able to work independently as well as with a team.