Research Fellow, Chemical Biology
One Research Fellow position is available in the chemical biology Lab at Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore.
The project goals are to develop:
1) novel materials for intracellular delivery of drugs and subsequent diagnostics/therapeutics, and/or
2) fatty acyls without and with novel functional tagging tools based on ‘click chemistry for proteome-wide studies of substrate-enzyme interactions; and/or
3) novel bioimaging tools for intracellular studies of therapeutic enzymes, and/or
4) chemical synthesis of small-molecule drugs and probes (including protacs) for drug discovery, chemical biology and proteomics studies.
Ultimately we aim to use chemical, biological and material-based approaches to solve a multitude of important biological problems. Depending on the specific projects and candidate’s qualifications, the successful applicant will be given the corresponding duties.
- Qualifications / Discipline:
The candidate shall be a graduate in PhD in Organic/Chemical Biology /Material Chemistry/Life Science (or to graduate soon).
Skills/experience in organic chemistry/chemical biology/biomaterials/nanomaterials/biology.
Preferably with at least 1 year of relevant research experience in a top international academic lab
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Chemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No