Lecturer in Culinary Arts Management and Professional Cookery, HE
Salary: £33,797 - £38,017 p.a. with opportunity to progress to £41,526
Contract Type: Permanent (full and part-time considered)
Closing Date: 25-10-2021 12 Midday
The Birmingham College of Food, which is part of the School of Health, Sport and Food at University College Birmingham is looking to recruit a candidate with a breadth of skills and knowledge, supported by credible industry experience and an understanding of higher education, to join us as a Lecturer in Culinary Arts Management and Professional Cookery.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Relevant teaching experience
- Credible experience and knowledge of industry
- High level and range of kitchen skills
- Qualification in a relevant discipline
Please indicate within your application, experience within the following subject areas:
- Business development and entrepreneurial experience
- Kitchen, Culinary and Hospitality Management and Operations Management
- New food product development, recipe and menu engineering, food innovation and commercialisation
- Professional cookery (classical and modern); knowledge of cookery principles, techniques, commodities and ingredients across a range of cuisines, styles and sectors.
UCB is committed to providing professional development opportunities and will support the completion of a recognised teaching qualification, if not already held.
Applications for full and part-time contracts will be considered. Please state any preference clearly within your application.
- 50 days’ paid leave per year
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Private healthcare
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice car leasing, tech and cycle schemes
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
Unless stated otherwise, all roles at UCB will be based on-site at one of our Birmingham City Centre campus buildings. This is a not a remote role.
Closing date: Monday 25 October 2021 at midday