Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Computational Fluid Dynamics and Fluid-Structure Interaction
About the Centre
The mission of the Skoltech Center for Design, Manufacturing and Materials (CDMM) is to conduct research, education, and innovation activities to improve the product and materials realization cycle to accelerate innovation for the benefit of society. CDMM is engaged in the development of advanced manufacturing technologies that are based on fundamental science and engineering principles. CDMM closely cooperates with the industry and involves companies in the development of programs and the transfer of knowledge and know-how.
About this Position
Applicants are invited to apply for a research scientist position at Skoltech Center for Design, Manufacturing and Materials. The successful candidate will be involved in full-time research work as a researcher to develop mathematical models and conduct computational fluid dynamics simulations of relevance to spray coating, liquid composite molding and other manufacturing processes. The research scientist is expected to collaborate with faculty members, commit to scientific research projects, contribute to strengthen laboratory portfolio by publishing papers in scientific journals, and may assist in student supervision.
- Strong background in fluid mechanics and scientific computing;
- Numerical analysis skills;
- Programming experience in C/C++ and Fortran;
- Experience in parallel programming using MPI;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team;
- The candidate must meet the English language requirements of the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology.
- CFD simulation experience using commercial and open-source software;
- Experience in CAD design;
- Analytical thinking, data analysis, and critical problem-solving skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
To be eligible for this fellowship you need to have:
- Ph.D. degree in Computational Fluid Mechanics or related fields awarded within the five years preceding their date of appointment;
- Evidence of good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong publications record.
How to apply
- Research statement (1-2 pages) demonstrating a fit with the Center for Design, Manufacturing and Materials.
- Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain.
- Two letters of reference from academic supervisors or employers.
- PDFs files of your 2 most important peer-reviewed scientific journal papers.