Research Assistant, Department of Finance
1 day left
- Full Time
Description The Future-Proofing Singapore: An Economic Approach project, an inter-disciplinary project funded by the Social Sciences Research Council, is looking for multiple full-time research assistants. The Principal Investigator of this project is Prof. Sumit Agarwal; co-Principal Investigators include several faculty members at the NUS Business School, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, and School of Design and Environment.
The candidate will oversee day-to-day activities and the general management of assigned research projects.
These responsibilities include:
- To conduct academic literature reviews on research topics, integrate literature to propose research ideas and hypotheses, develop and implement surveys, and use statistical software to analyse observational data. Methodologies used include surveys, field experiments, regression discontinuities, difference-in-difference analyses, among others.
- Data collection in field, external databases, and online environments
- Cleaning and merging datasets (e.g., using R, Python, Stata, SPSS, and/or SAS)
- Scheduling meetings with external parties that are relevant to the research projects
- Serves as the key liaison with external parties at such meetings
- Assisting with research presentations to external parties
- Coordinating and supervising part-time research assistants to help in the responsibilities stated above
Other administrative duties include but are not limited to checking references, formatting manuscripts, preparing statistical tables and figures, looking up for research papers, administer field experiments, organizing contacts, inputting and checking data, etc.
- Demonstrated experience or training in conducting social science research;
- Mastery of word and excel;
- Knowledge of using statistical software such as R, SPSS, STATA, or SAS;
- Responsible, detail oriented, and perfection-seeking;
- Quick in learning and creative in providing solutions;
- Basic programming knowledge is a plus;
- Independent, self-starter with initiative and commitment
- Enjoys interacting with people and open to new experiences
- Must have the ability to proactively manage teams of research assistants across on multiple research activities.
- An undergraduate degree in business, economics, finance, social science, or other related fields. A master degree in relevant fields is a merit.
- A strong interest in pursuing a PhD in a social science discipline and/or conducting social science research is a plus.
The stipulated working hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays. Telecommuting will be the default mode of working during the period of gradual resumption of operations at NUS. In the future, the candidate is expected to be physically present in NUS office during the stipulated working hours. Software and tools required for data analysis will be made available.
The earliest start date of the appointment is August 2021. Appointments will be on a term-contract of one year, and renewable when necessary. Salary will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications, track record, potential, experience. (Monthly Salary Range: S$2,800 to S$3,600)
Interested applicants should submit the following in electronic form (PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants (downloadable from http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/applicationprocess/NUS-Personal-Data-Consent-for-Job-Applicants.pdf)
- Cover letter
- Full CV
Please label your email with subject: "Full-Time Research Assistant (Future-Proofing Singapore)".
Should you be shortlisted, a faculty member or an administrator will be contacting you directly for an interview.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.