Research Engineer, Maritime Systems
- Collaborating with partners from both the academia and the industry to lead and/or conduct innovative research on, but not limited to the following areas:
- Development of Simulation and Optimization Platform.
- Port, Yard, Terminal, Land Interface Layout, Operations and Disruptions.
- Sea Channel Study.
- Optimization and Strategies of Maritime Energy Management.
- Performance Analysis of Maritime Systems.
- Contribute to academic research in the relevant domains, and publish high-tier journal papers and conference papers.
- Lead student projects and industrial projects with implementable outcomes.
- Respond to the deliverables of research and industrial projects, including Proposal and Report writing, presentations of results and outcomes.
- Honours or higher degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics and Mathematics, or in other relevant science and engineering disciplines.
- Outstanding data analytics, mathematical, and computer modelling skills.
- Outstanding academic/publication records.
- Proficient in communication and academic writing.
- Self-driven and strong team spirit.
- Good knowledge on the following subjects:
- Land/Maritime and Port Logistics and Transportation, Supply Chain Network, Manufacturing.
- Simulation Modelling.
- Statistical Modelling.
- Data Mining and Analytics.
- Optimisation and Heuristics Algorithm Development.
- C#/JAVA/Python/R/MySQL Programming.
- Machine Learning.
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Operations Research.
- High-tier journal publication potential.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Industrial Systems Engineering And Management
Employee Referral Eligible: No