Research Assistant, Mass Spectrometry
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
This is a very exciting opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to learn and perform advanced mass spectrometry as a full-time research assistant. The position will support the career development of a successful candidate, including advanced mass spectrometry techniques and experience in real-world clinical trials for patients at NUH. The lab is focussed on Metabolomics and Clinical Mass Spectrometry using state-of the-art instruments and the candidate will have full access to the facility in their job scope. This is an opportunity to work directly with doctors (laboratory of Dr. Chester Drum) and scientists for improving patient care in areas such as cancer and heart disease. We are looking for individuals who enjoy R&D and working as a team.
- Assist the team and perform sample analysis with a strong focus on small molecules, oxidative stress and metabolomics.
- Organize experiments and the preparation of samples for mass spectrometry analysis.
- Maintain experimental records on all activities, protocols, data, clinical samples, etc.
- Check instrument performance daily and perform routine LC-MS/MS instrument maintenance.
- Work closely with the research lead to optimize and troubleshoot procedures to comply with expected quality outcomes.
- Records and evaluates data obtained from work assignments for use in scientific papers.
- Collaborates with supervisor or other research personnel in preparation of scientific papers for publication.
- Reads literature and confers with supervisor concerning procedures and implementation. Collects and organizes research data for project reports. While some prior experience with mass spectrometry is preferred, wet bench experience is require
- Participate in weekly research meetings and conferences to present data. Perform other duties as assigned.
The applicant Must:
- Be Singapore citizen or PR.
- Hold Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences/Life Sciences/Clinical Sciences/Chemistry, with at least 2 years of relevant research experience in analytical chemistry.
- Independent, with strong emphasis on positive attitude and enthusiasm for science.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No