Research Assistant, Architecture
Research Assistant – Department of Architecture, National University of Singapore
We are seeking suitable candidates to apply for Research Assistant position. The successful applicant will be part of an interdisciplinary project “Assessment of Urban Ecosystem Services in Residential Neighbourhoods in Singapore”. The period of appointment is from 1 Aug 2021 to 31 Dec 2023, or for a period of 30 months. The position involves working closely with the Principal Investigator, Co-Principal Investigators, Research Fellow and other members of the team on areas described below.
The project is a partnership between the National University of Singapore and the Singapore Housing Development Board. It is funded through the Ministry of National Development and the National Research Foundation, under the Cities of Tomorrow (CoT) Research and Development Programme. The project will develop monitoring protocols for environmental quality that can be upscaled to Singapore’s public housing estates and beyond. It will involve the use of remotely-sensed data (e.g. satellite imagery, LiDAR), as well as the deployment of networked “Internet of Things” (IoT) sensors.
Job Responsibilities for Research Assistant Position 1
Job Responsibilities for Research Assistant Position 1 (Department of Architecture)
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborate with other team members to develop monitoring protocols for biophysical components of the study (e.g. thermal comfort, noise abatement, soil and water quality)
- Collect and analyse data (e.g. weather, sound, soil and water samples)
- Present results during progress updates with stakeholders
- Document and share findings through reports and scientific manuscripts
- Support the team in research and administrative functions (e.g. procurement, permits, etc.)
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in physical geography, environmental engineering, building science, or related disciplines
- Proficiency in open-source scripting languages (e.g. R or Python) is preferred. Experience in version control and collaboration (e.g. GitHub) is a plus.
- Experience in environmental modelling (e.g. thermal comfort, hydrology), IoT sensors, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or remote sensing would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of statistics
- Evidence of excellent writing and communication skills
- Good time management and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should contact Assoc Prof. Tan Puay Yok (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
Appreciate your understanding in advance that only selected qualified applicants will receive responses.
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), please provide consent for the collection, use and disclosure of personal data, using the NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants form.
For more information, please visit NUS > Careers > Academic Appointments.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.