Research Fellow, Singlet Fission Material Characterisations and Device Assembly
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Science
Department/School: School of Chemistry
Salary: $75,289 - $102,163 (Level A)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
Dr David Jones leads a team developing next generation organic semiconductors for printed solar cells. Incorporation of singlet fission materials into solar cells offers the potential to significantly enhance solar cell performance reducing the final cost per Watt of delivered power. Dr Jones has received funding from the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) to develop the next generation singlet fission materials, which are energy matched to silicon, to enhance solar cell performance.
About This Opportunity
Dr David Jones is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the materials characterisation of Advanced Organic Semiconductors and their inclusion in solar cell devices. As a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, you will undertake detailed materials characterisation of the next generation singlet fission materials to enhance the efficiency of silicon solar cells, and incorporation of these materials in homojunction organic solar cells and silicon solar cells. You will work closely with a materials characterisation and device assembly scientist and collaborators at the University of Queensland and the Australian National University.
You will have:
- A PhD (or near completion of a PhD) in Chemistry, Materials Science or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in material characterization and organic semiconductor device assembly.
- A demonstrated aptitude for research with a sound publication record
- Demonstrated ability to prepare research reports and manuscripts for publication.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with relevant professional and industry bodies and stakeholders to foster collaborative partnerships.
- Excellent ability to work co-operatively and positively in a multi-disciplinary research based team environment and liaise with people from diverse backgrounds.
You will also have excellent interpersonal skills and be highly organised in order to meet deadlines and see projects to completion.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
Please be aware that only applicants who are currently living in Australia and have full rights to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Position Description: 0051135 - PD - Research Fellow.pdf
Applications close: 13 Oct 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time