Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, Recruiting Researcher in Synthetic Biology
ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center (HIC) is a world-class and future-oriented R&D center, jointly established by Zhejiang University and Hangzhou government. HIC’s mission is to build an open and integrated international innovation hub that integrates material sciences, information sciences, and life sciences in the Yangtze River Delta region. To build a world-class research team, the HIC is now inviting applications for a postdoctoral fellowship program.
Biological and Molecular Intelligent Manufacturing Institute is an innovative research platform at HIC. The Institute is building a fully automated intelligent biomanufacturing facility (BioFoundry) and aims to tackle fundamental and technological challenges in synthetic biology by integrating biotechnology and information technology. Supported by the abundant industry resources in the Yangtze River Delta region, and the R&D capabilities of Zhejiang University, the Institute aims to become a world-class innovation platform and ecosystem.
2. Research Areas
The Institute aims to develop enabling technologies for synthetic biology (i.e. laboratory automation, BT/IT, and biosystems design) to address grand challenges in biomanufacturing, medicine, agriculture, food, environment, and biosecurity). Applicants with the following research skills and experience will be considered in priority.
- Enabling technologies for synthetic biology
- Lab Automation: BioFoundry, automated cultivation of mammalian cells, high throughout and microfluidic technology.
- BT/IT (integration of biotechnology and information technology): computer-aided biosystems design, bioinformatics, AI/machine learning, and DNA storage.
- Biosystems Design: gene editing and assembly technologies, protein and biomolecular machine engineering, genetic circuit and pathway engineering, chassis and consortia engineering.
- Disruptive applications of synthetic biology
- Biomanufacturing: e.g. microbial cell factories, utilization of renewable resources, and biosynthesis of value-added compounds.
- Medicine: e.g. emergency vaccines, programmable cells, cell therapy, and immunotherapy.
- Food and Agriculture: e.g. precise molecular breeding, green pesticide biosynthesis, and artificial food.
- Environment and Biosecurity: bioremediation, biosecurity, and trace bioassay.
- Strong research background, strong motivation in academic/technological career as a full-time postdoctoral;
- Ph.D. degree awarded by a well-known university or research institute in recent three years;
- Strong academic background and research experience in the field of synthetic biology;
- Have the ability to conduct research both independently and cooperatively;
- Have one or more first-authored research publications in recent three years.
4. Offer packages
- Competitive salary, discussed individually;
- Housing benefits;
- Extra funding and allowance for outstanding performance;
- If qualified, can be recommended as a faculty member in Zhejiang University or R&D engineer in HIC;
- Various provincial and municipal talent policies.
5. Application documents
- Postdoctoral application form of ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center’;
- A list of achievements and awards demonstrating the applicant’s academic research ability with supporting documents;
- Ph.D. dissertation.
Contact: Ms. Yang
Address: ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center, Zhejiang University, No. 733, Jianshe Third Road, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province China
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, Recruiting Researcher in Synthetic Biology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly