The Department of Electrical Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of energy storage for wave energy converters. The candidate should demonstrate good technical skills and self- dependence in executing assigned research duties. Knowledge and experience in heaving wave energy converters, direct power take-off mechanisms, control systems and Matlab is required. Candidate is also expected to have relevant knowledge in power electronics and energy storage, and grid connection requirements. The successful research assistant will carry simulation and experiment study for the wave energy converters using advanced control techniques. Highly motivated applicants with M.Sc. or PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering are invited to submit their applications to the position.
An appropriate educational degree supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
- Holding minimum of master degree in electrical (thesis option track is preferable)
- Familiar with Matlab
- Strong background in modeling and control of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Having good skills on writing scientific paper.
- Flexible approach and initiative in executing the role.
- Having experiences in wave energy converters.
- Having experiences in power electronics (rectifiers and inverters) of wave energy converters.
- Having experiences in battery research.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean For Student Affairs (COE)
Job Close Date 31-12-2021
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant