Research Data Specialist, Humanities and Social Sciences
Work type: Fixed Term
Department/School: Research and Enterprise
Salary: $75,289 - $102,163 (Level A)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
Research and Enterprise
The Chancellery (Research and Enterprise) (CRE) portfolio within the Chancellery Division is led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) (DVC (R)) and works in partnership with Academic Divisions to achieve the University’s research ambitions. The DVC (R) is the accountable officer for research at the University ensuring research is conducted to the highest ethical standards and with a commitment to excellence.
About the role
As the Research Data Specialist (RDS) you will be joining the Melbourne Data Analytics Platform (MDAP) and will have a primary focus on Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS). You will be responsible for advising on, building and/or maintaining software and systems that support activity related to collection, analysis, storage and presentation of research data at The University of Melbourne. In addition to constructing software, you will also give advice to researchers related to software and computing resources.
Please note, this is a fixed term opportunity available for 2 years
You will be highly flexible, collaborative and innovative with strong technical expertise in at least one of data collection, analysis, management, or presentation. You will have excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate across academic disciplines.
You will further have:
- A PhD or equivalent experience in a data-intensive HASS research field.
- Excellent problem solving ability, including flexibility and willingness to tackle any research problem in any discipline over varied time frames
- Relevant experience in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, Visual or Performing Arts, and/or education/training in the digital humanities.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and contribute to team building.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Applications close: 05 Oct 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time