Executive/Senior Executive, Business Development
In this position the appointee will support the Business Development and Marketing team of Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) to:
- Outreach and engage enterprises to partake in IAL’s programmes by sending their employees to IAL for training.
- Exploring customised programmes for enterprises and co-created CPD courses for upskilling and reskilling their employees.
- Drive sustainable growth in corporate clientele accounts, forge and deliver excellent client experience and marketing activities and events.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of IAL business products, services and value proposition and be able to advise prospects and clients about them. This includes conducting course previews and sales pitches.
- Manage corporate accounts by building business relationships with current and potential clients. Achieve targets and provide support that will continually build and improve relationship and to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting solutions and services to clients.
- Understand client needs and offer solutions and support, answer potential client questions and follow up on queries; responding to client requests for information on training programmes, quotations and proposals.
- Prepare business proposal and agreements.
- Create and maintain a list/ contact database of clients; maintain all business proposals and agreements (shared drive); prepare and maintain programme infokit and provide billing information to IAL Finance on new corporate accounts.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and external stakeholders to facilitate smooth implementation of initiatives in accordance with organisational standard operating procedures and corporate governance requirements.
- Provide operational and logistics support for IAL events and any other adhoc duties assigned by HOD.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration, HR Management, Mass Communications or other disciplines that is relevant to the Training & Adult Education (TAE) sector.
- Having WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), or Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) qualification, Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE), or equivalent, would be an advantage.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in HR, Training, Education, Customer Service, Sales, Business Development, Consulting, Marketing, preferably with an IHL, ATO, PSTi or any training academy.
- Conversant in business administration, training administration, marketing and promotions, academic, consulting or pedagogy requirements and roles. Proficient in the use of IT tools and MS Office Applications.
- Good spoken and written communication skills and is meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Good team player who is both process and results oriented with excellent project and time management and people-relationship skills.
- Able to take initiative to address challenges and issues at work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.