Lecturer in Geographic Information Science/ Human Geography / Physical Geography
- Full Time
Four full-time lecturer posts in Geographic Information Science / Human Geography / Physical Geography
Applications are invited for four full-time lecturers in Geographic Information Science / Human Geography / Physical Geography at NUIST-Reading Academy/ School of Geographical Sciences, Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology.
The NUIST-Reading Academy is located in Jiangsu Province of China, and is a joint venture between the University of Reading, UK, and NUIST, China. The Academy aims to provide high quality education to students in China with the possibility of completing degree courses in the UK. It currently offers seven undergraduate programmes: Applied Chemistry, International Economics and Trade, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Environmental Engineering, Atmospheric Science, Geographic Information Science, and Data Science and Big Data Technology.
There are a variety of central support facilities from the Academy to assist research and training initiatives including training opportunities provided by the Centre for Quality, Support and Development (CQSD) from the University of Reading. We also offer a supportive environment where you will meet a community of academics from both the University of Reading and NUIST who are dedicated to delivering high quality teaching and research.
The post is based in the modern city of Nanjing, capital of Jiangsu province, with easy access to public transportation, international airports, convenient stores, hospitals etc.
- Full-time Geographic Information Science / Human Geography / Physical Geography lecturer posts at NUIST.
- Annual salary (RMB, before tax): 250,000+, depending on relevant individual skills and experience.
- Travel allowance: 10,000 RMB per year.
- Accommodation provided.
- Medical Insurance.
- Starting date: February 2022.
The NUIST-Reading Academy delivers all courses in English. The dual-degree curriculum is designed and developed by the University of Reading. Instruction and assessment take place at the Academy. The appointee will support students on the dual-degree programme and work as part of a close-knit team.
The appointee will have the following main responsibilities:
- Contribute to and enhance teaching on the BSc Geographic Information Science / Human Geography / Physical Geography with specific responsibility to cover core-teaching requirements and contribute to other teaching as agreed with the NUIST-Reading Academy administration;
- Assessment, grading and feedback of written work and oral presentations;
- Hold weekly office hours;
- Communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Maintain friendly and effective working relationships;
- Participate in appropriate professional meetings and workshops;
- Organizing extra-curriculum learning activities for students;
- Motivating students to engage in learning, and help them to improve the quality of their work.
- Advanced level of proficiency and communicative competence in English;
- PhD in Geographic Information Science/ Human Geography / Physical Geography;
- Experience of teaching Geographic Information Science / Human Geography / Physical Geography at undergraduate level;
- Experience of the administration of courses and modules in British / Western universities;
- Excellent organisation, communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- An excellent team player;
- A willingness to work flexibly as required.
- Experience of teaching undergraduate students various levels of Geographic Information Science / Human Geography / Physical Geography in a Chinese university environment;
- Documented excellence in classroom teaching;
- Documented excellence as an academic and career advisor to college students;
- Experience addressing needs of students from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Experience with assessment of student learning and programme evaluation and coordination;
- Evidence of professional publications and/or presentations in Geographic Information Science / Human Geography / Physical Geography research;
- Enthusiasm for one’s field and a commitment to staying current.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter detailing how they satisfy the outlined requirements, a current resume, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of at least three (3) professional references.
Closing date: 30 November 2021
Apply for Lecturer in Geographic Information Science/ Human Geography / Physical Geography
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly