Job Profile Teaching - Law Tutor
Contract Type Permanent
Think you could develop the next generation of legal talent? We want to hear from you.
We have vacancies across our centres in Waterloo, Holborn, Cambridge, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester
Full-time or Part-time - minimum 0.8 FTE
BPP is looking for tutors to teach knowledge and vocational subjects across a full range of programmes in both a face to face and online environment. These programmes include our newly launched and successful Bar Training Course and Post Graduate Diploma in Law, alongside our new Solicitors Training Course in the forthcoming academic year which prepares learners to sit the Solicitors Qualifying Exam.
And if that wasn’t enough, we’re also introducing new Legal Apprenticeship programmes for future solicitors and paralegals.
We are looking for qualified barristers and solicitors who are thinking of making the move into teaching. If you are also a solicitor with Higher Rights we would also welcome your application.
In addition to your experience, you’ll be making a crucial difference to future lawyers through contributing to curriculum development and sharing your expertise across a range of diverse study programmes.
This is a unique opportunity to drive excellence in teaching, creation of programme materials and pastoral support for the next generation of legal professionals. If you have a passion for helping individuals grow their core legal skills, study progression and industry knowledge, this is an opportunity that ensures you can do just that.
As a Law School tutor you will be a go-to subject-matter expert, teaching on a range of Law School programmes and subjects, as well as the following:
- Working towards level 7 PGCLT qualification or Fellowship of the HEA
- Creating and marking assessment materials
- Contributing to curriculum development work, including scholarship and innovation
- Attending all relevant training in relation to law and practice, course design and innovation
- Planning, evaluating and updating or creating programme materials
- Enhancing the student experience and providing pastoral support and guidance
- Marking and providing feedback for formative and summative assessments
Department Law School - Staffing
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
We're interested in hearing from people with the following experience:
- Qualified solicitors or barristers (with practice experience)
- Relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification/experience
- Subject/practice area knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and flexibly
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Collaborative approach to teamwork
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and students
- Ability to conduct ‘difficult' conversations
- Excellent IT skills
- Commitment to vocationally-orientated legal education
In-line with most firms and practice across the legal industry, we've adopted a hybrid working model which means you can work remotely on the days you're not required at one of our centres, giving you a better work-life balance.
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary 45000-50000 depending on location
Full Job Description
BPP University - Law School Tutor Job Description Feb 2020.pdf (128 Kb)