Research Assistant, Pharmacy
7 days left
- Full Time
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented research assistant/associate to work on research focusing on identifying novel therapies for treatment of acute myeloid leukemia in the laboratory of Dr Shruti Bhatt at the NUS (http://pharmacy.nus.edu.sg/tenure-track-faculty/). The candidate will be an integral member of our research team and will work under the direct supervision of Dr Shruti Bhatt (https://pharmacy.nus.edu.sg/team/asst-prof-shruti-bhatt/) to support ongoing studies including identifying clinical response to targeted therapy in leukemia using BH3 profiling. Opportunity to perform high-throughut chemical screens on cell lines and patient-derived tumor cells. We are looking to hire someone who is interested in doing wet lab experiments and motivated to . The candidate will be trained in the lab however, prior experience will be given first preference.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Research tasks: 90%
- To perform cell-based assay such as apoptosis, cytoxociity, cell proliferation, immunophenotyping, BH3 profiling.
- Processing of human primary leukemia samples to isolate mononuclear cells and process for flow cytometry.
- To harvest cells, protein, RNA or DNA from animal tissues, cell lines or bacteria.
- To perform experiments including PCR, immunoprecipitation and Western blot.
- Laboratory safety/ordering: 10%
- To aid in ordering and maintaining lab supplies.
- To create and review standard operating procedures and risk assessments.
- To assemble reagents, chemicals and media that are needed for experiments.
Qualifications Qualifications / Discipline:
Bachelor of Science required with major in biological sciences or related field (such as pharmacy, biomedical engineering, life science, etc). Strong background in molecular and cellular biology is preferred.
The applicant must be a self-starter with the ability to work well within a team environment, and able to work on his/her own with minimal daily supervision. The individual is expected to be able to multi-task and be well organized, both require good time management skills; pay careful attention to experimental details, and have excellent communication skills. English language reading, writing, and speaking skills required.
We will consider a Bachelor's or Master’s degree with or without experience. Additional experience in molecular biology, handling of animals, clinical samples or primary tumors, flow cytometry and fluorescent microscopy will be viewed favorably. Background in apoptosis or leukemia biology is a plus. Candidates with prior knowledge of large data-set analysis will also be preferred. Proficient computer skills are expected with competency in Word, Excel, etc. We are looking for candidates who have at least one year of availability and can start immediately. Interested applicants should submit their CV along with 2 reference letters or contacts.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy
Job requisition ID : 7184