Research Assistant, Synthetic Biology
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant (RA) positions in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Program (TRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract. There will be a probation period of 3 months from the Commencement Date. At the end of the probation period, an assessment of the performance will be made. Group Leaders will make two Independent Reports. Bachelor’s holders are welcome.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will be responsible to and work closely with the Principal Investigator and the lead research fellow on the goals set out for the project(s) of interest. The RA’s principal role will be to work in a team to engineer microbes for producing value-added biochemicals.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Assistant is expected to:
- Design, plan and conduct laboratory experiments, carry out data analyses, record the outcome of the experiments, and write up the results of own research as well as research progress with minimum supervision;
- Provide administrative support to the project, such as coordinating regular meetings with other members of the research team, general upkeeping of the laboratory and handle project-related paperwork;
- Assist in any other duties that are delegated by the Principal Investigator.
The applicant should:
- Hold a bachelor degree in biotechnology, molecular biology, biological science, life sciences, biochemistry or a related area;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature and attention to detail;
- Have good knowledge of analytical tools;
- Have strong background and research experience in genomic manipulation and microbial engineering for novel functionalities.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience
Formal application: Please submit your application via email, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic, employment history and complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.