Business Development Manager, Special Scientist
Number of positions: One (1)
Category: Contract for 3 years, with potential for renewal
Place of employment: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The biobank.cy Center of Excellence in Biobanking and Biomedical Research of the University of Cyprus has one opening for a Business Development Manager, funded by the research program: Biobanking and the Cyprus Human Genome Project (CY-Biobank), which is co-funded by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and the University of Cyprus.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible to connect the Centre of Excellence (CoE) beyond the academic community, aiming to commercialize its activities to the public and by forging cooperation agreements with pharma companies, medical research companies, CROs and the Ministry of Health and the State Health Services Organization. He/she will enable the CoE to work towards patenting and spinning off methods & tests developed with the goal to maximize return on investment & safeguard sustainability.
Business Development Manager Requirements:
- BSc/MSc in business administration, finance, economics, accounting, marketing or related field or
- Proven work experience (>7 years) as a business development manager, or a relevant role
- Proven sales track record
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
- Proficiency in Greek and English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, presentation, and teamwork skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and effective multi-task
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive
- Ability to cooperate with international partners in a multi-cultural environment
- Diagnostics market knowledge and work experience will be considered an advantage
- Demonstrated capacity in proposal writing will be considered an advantage
- Experience in EU funded projects (FP7, H2020, etc.) will be considered an advantage
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification will be considered an advantage
- Develop a growth strategy for the CoE, focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Develop goals for business growth based on set KPIs and ensure they are met
- Follow strategy and action plan for innovation Management and IPR for the CoE
- Follow Marketing and Exploitation strategy guidelines for the CoE
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs, research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Contact potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings (e.g. hospital executives, doctors etc).
- Promote the CoE’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Develop quotes and proposals for clients.
- Improve sales based on set KPIs.
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Assist in preparing reports and deliverables based on quality objectives and standards
- Develop effective presentations and update materials to communicate business development metrics
- Proactively identify and promote new national, European and international funding opportunities, including for research grants
- Cooperate with all project partners to achieve expected results
Terms of employment
The position will be for full-time employment with a 3-year contract and potential for renewal. The monthly gross salary will be commensurate to qualifications and previous experience and ranges between €3000 and €4500. Employee’s contributions shall be deducted from this amount. There is no provision for 13th salary.
Submission of applications:
- A letter expressing interest to the position with a brief description of qualifications (1 page)
- A brief curriculum vitae with description of previous experience (2 pages)
- Contact details for at least two people qualified to provide recommendation for the candidate
- Certificates attesting to the good knowledge of the Greek and English language, unless this is attested by the mother tongue of the candidate or he/she is a graduate of a Greek/English school/University.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The application material should be sent electronically as one single pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org, at the latest until 30 September 2021.
For more information the candidates may contact the Coordinator of the project, Prof. C. Deltas, Tel.: 22-892882 or Email: Deltas@ucy.ac.cy